The Top 7 CRM Solutions to Help You Acquire and Retain Customers
Running a small business is easy. You have fewer customers, minimal orders, quick response time, strong relationships, and so on. Your business moves on nicely.
Things start getting a bit tough when your business grows. Think of a large ecommerce store that processes a few hundred orders every single day. You need a system to organize and build relationships with your hundreds of customers when you’re sitting on the top of such a store.
Your business has to interact with customers via several touchpoints. Providing your customers with superior experience every time they interact with you gets challenging as your business grows.
This is where a CRM solution becomes a necessity.
A Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is a complete system that is used to organize, automate, and synchronize all the customer information and data. It solves customer management issues.
According to Salesforce, CRM is a strategy that lets you manage your business’s relationship with your customers which helps retaining new customers and increasing profitability.
Reasons why your ecommerce business needs a CRM solution
A CRM solution isn’t just about profitability or managing your customers, it is more than that. Once you start using a CRM solution, you'll never do business again without it.
Here is why.
Of course, CRM is all about customer management but how effective it is?
- It helps you store customer information at one place accessible to everyone in your team simultaneously.
- Everyone can see complete customer history including customer’s last interaction with your business.
- It provides 360 degree customer view and helps in improving customer experience and personalization.
- It helps customer segmentation.
Statistics show that over 40% of salespeople use informal methods such as spreadsheets and email software to store customer data.
However, when businesses shift to CRM, they enjoy several benefits such as a better access to customer data, improved relationship management, and better interaction tracking. According to a survey by Software Advice, 74% of CRM users reported that CRM solution improved access to customer data.
What could be better than an increase in sales? This is what your ecommerce store needs, right?
According to Salesforce, CRM improves sales forecast by 42%, sales productivity by 34%, and sales by 29%.
When your sales team has better understanding of customer needs, their buying behavior, demographics, preferred marketing channels, and challenges, selling becomes easier. This is the reason that 24% more sales reps achieve their annual sales target when they have access to their CRM via mobile.
When your sales reps can connect with the CRM, access necessary customer information before pitching him, they are more likely to close a deal.
CRM also helps in boosting trend based and seasonal sales based on past customer purchases. For instance, if a customer spends at least $1000 on your store every year on Black Friday, you can offer customized coupons to make him purchase more this year.
Customer retention and satisfaction
Capterra conducted a CRM effectiveness survey from CRM users. Over 47% of businesses reported that they had a significant impact on customer retention and on customer satisfaction.
Because they were able to offer better services to their customers.
Every time a customer connects with your brand and you deliver an exceptional experience, the customer will love it. Whether it be email newsletters, personalized products, targeted social media posts, superior customer services, regular updates, special occasion greetings and discounts, and more, when you deliver your best, they will stick with your business.
Here are a few more reasons to use a CRM solution:
- It pays off. The average ROI for CRM is reported to be well over $8.71 for every dollar spent. This is massive ROI which is way better than what you’d spend on an AdWords campaign.
- Acquiring new customers gets a whole lot easier. You can use existing customer data to create better buyer personas and reach your target audience via best channel.
- Perhaps the best thing about CRM is its ability to integrate your entire business and at the same time, it integrates with several third-party tools such as payment processors, inventory management tools, live chat apps, etc.
If you want to get access to all these benefits for your ecommerce store, you need to get access to a CRM solution right away. Choose the one from the list below for your business.
Salesforce is the largest and the leading CRM solution provider out there having a market share of 20%. Salesforce offers an exclusive CRM solution for ecommerce known as SalesforceIQ. It is aimed at small and medium-sized businesses.
However, if your business grows, you can upgrade to Salesforce Cloud CRM with their all-famous Einstein AI tool. So you don’t have to go with the pain of switching between CRMs as your business grows.
It is a robust CRM software that helps you take customer relationship to a whole new level. Here are a few major features.
- Extremely easy to get started. You have to connect it with your email account and the rest is all easy.
- It helps you sell from anywhere in the world. You can reach your contacts anytime from anywhere.
- It comes with a mobile app and Chrome extension that provides instant access to inbox.
- It automatically maintains customer information and maintains a log.
- With Relationship Intelligence technology, it filters and sorts customer data and lets you know key analytics to improve sales and build relationships.
- It supports customer pipeline, lead management, has prospecting tools, task management, and several other tools.
- It can be integrated with MailChimp, Desk, HubSpot, Pardot, Zapier, and several other apps and third-party tools.
How to get started
Getting started with SalesforceIQ is fairly quick.
You have to connect your existing email account to your SalesforceIQ account, after you have signed up with them. It only works with Google, Microsoft, or Office365 email servers. As soon as you connect your email address, it will sync emails, calendar, contacts, and all customer information.
It works with all the web browsers except Internet Explorer. Chrome extension is a life-saver.
There are three packages to choose from.
If you have a small team, you can get started in as low as $25 per month (supports 5 users). You can pay $75 a month for complete CRM for any size.
Should you need a customized CRM solution for your ecommerce store, you can have it in as low as $150 per month.
Zoho offers cost-effective CRM solution for ecommerce. It helps you sell smarter and better with its sales forecasting, mass emailing, and 24/7 connectivity features.
The best thing about Zoho ecommerce CRM solution is its artificial intelligence called Zia. It uses machine learning to boost sales and business. With SalesforceIQ, you don’t get access to their AI tool but with Zoho, you do that too at a fairly low price.
- It supports Google Docs and integrates with a whole lot of third-party tools such as Socket, Coconnect, Zopim, Wufoo, QuickBooks, and several others.
- It offers a complete sales force automation and lead management system.
- With its follow-up feature, you can log customer calls, save customer meetings, invite leads and events to supercharge sales.
- Sales forecasting is great feature that helps you assess team performance and analyze reports and data to predict future sales and revenue.
- Supports mobile CRM, sales tracking, social CRM, workflow management, and ecommerce store integration with forms.
How to use Zoho
You can migrate your data from another CRM or you can upload an Excel sheet.
You can also import contacts from email, LinkedIn, or autoresponder.
Once you’re done, head to Deals. This is the starting point. It is where you'll track sales opportunities.
You can create a new deal and enter details such as account name, contact name, sales value, etc.
For every deal, you have to update its Stage. You have to customize Stages based on your business model and sales funnel.
Click the gear icon and click Stage-Probability Mapping.
You can select stages on the next page and enter relative probabilities of winning the sales.
This is just the beginning.
You can try Zoho CRM for 15-days at no cost to see how it goes for your business.
If it suits your store, you can choose a suitable plan starting as low as $12 per month.
It is one of the leading CRMs that has a free version. You can use its free version for up to 2 users. Insightly is a perfect CRM solution for ecommerce businesses as it helps you manage projects, tasks, documents, and sales right from your mobile phone.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use CRM, Insightly is your best bet. It has a simple dashboard that provides you access to real-time data.
- It automatically develop links between contacts and organizations as soon as you import your contacts from your email account. It also detects social profiles of all the contacts as soon as you add them.
- A 360 view of contact information including communication history, last contact, events, key relationships, sales opportunities, and much more with its Comprehensive Contact Management.
- It integrates with several third-party apps and tools like Gmail, Outlook, Box, QuickBooks, Xero, and several others.
- It has a web as well as a smartphone version that allows your team to have 24/7 access to CRM.
- The Email Tracking feature is one of its kind which lets you take customer engagement to a new level. Use email templates, email scheduling, mass email, and email comments to connect with your customers at every stage.
- Lead management, opportunity management, workflow automation, and advanced reporting a few other features that will help you acquire and retain customers.
How to setup and use Insightly
First, let’s import your contacts as soon as you register with Insightly. You can add contacts manually which is a time-consuming process. A contact is knows as Record in Insightly.
It is best to import contacts into Insightly. Click Contacts on sidebar and click Import contacts and Notes.
You can import data from several apps.
Up next, define your sales process. This is where you'll define stages such as new leads, contact made, contacted couple times, and so on.
You have to add a new Pipeline by clicking system settings and then click pipelines.
Define pipeline stages and save it.
Once you’re done with pipeline, you can easily setup opportunities. Here is an example of how you can set an opportunity.
This helps you keep track of customers, monitor opportunities, and see where they're in the sale funnel.
Similarly, you can set your own activities and manage tasks too. You can create as many activity sets as you want for your team.
It is quite affordable. If you have a small team, you can use it free. But as your business grows, you can move to an upgraded plan that allows more users and access to all the features.
Insightly isn’t the only free CRM, HubSpot offers a completely free CRM solution. It is free for life and comes loaded with several out-of-the-box features such as lead analytics, lead flows, email scheduling, and smooth third-party integrations.
HubSpot CRM is the underlying database for their Marketing and Sales Hub. This means you can switch to their Marketing and Sales Hub as your business grows with all the existing data you have in your CRM.
- Free for life. HubSpot CRM is your best bet if you don’t want to throw money at testing a CRM solution.
- It is accessible via web, SaaS, cloud, and mobile app.
- Email templates are A/B tested automatically for you. This helps in sending email templates to customers they're most likely to respond to.
- A complete contact management and lead flow system to help businesses acquire and retain customers.
- Smooth third-party integration with hundreds of tools and apps such as Base CRM, Gravity Forms, Dropbox, and others.
- Deal and task board helps you manage tasks right from a single dashboard.
- Email, phone, social media, website analytics, and website integration.
How to set up HubSpot CRM
Getting started with HubSpot CRM is dead simple. Click here to create your free account.
Sign in to your account and do two things:
- Add your team members as Users.
- Import your contacts and deals.
You can upload contacts in bulk via a CSV file. Map the columns in your CSV file to the appropriate CRM properties.
You can create custom properties too, if needed by clicking Properties in the Settings.
The next step is creating deal stages. Click Settings > Sales > Deals.
You can add new pipelines here, edit and delete existing pipelines, and can add/remove deal stages.
Here is a complete guide on how to best use HubSpot CRM for your business.
The SAP Hybris Cloud for Sales is a perfect CRM solution for ecommerce that helps you better understand and serve your customers.
It focuses on better selling so it will help you generate more sales and leads and meantime, you'll build strong relationships with your existing and new customers by better understanding their buying needs.
It is a multichannel solution for ecommerce and is integrated with advanced tools such as customer intelligence. It has a customer centric approach. Customer data is fetched in real-time via built-in algorithm which eventually helps in better engagement and increase sales.
- Sales automation and social selling are the two main features that will help you get better at selling.
- It allows tracking of sales in real-time with insights into opportunities.
- Real-time analytics help you improve customer engagement, communication, and forecast accuracy.
- Product content management and customer financial management are features that you don’t normally find with other CRM solutions.
- It is accessible via web, mobile devices, tablets, and iPads.
- Integrates with several business system and tools like ERP, Data Hub, ImpEx, and others.
- It comes with a 30-days free trial. You can try it before shifting your business over.
How to set up and use SAP Hybris Cloud for Sales
To get started, create a free account to begin your 30-days free trial.
Once you’re in, here are a few things that you have to do to get going.
- Add contacts.
- Define rules for lead assignment to process leads efficiently.
- Create workflow rules to automatically update fields and send notifications.
- Create product data and categories.
- Activate email campaigns.
- Enable business card scanner to create leads.
SAP offers a wide range of free online courses and tutorials that will make your life easier.
The starting price for SAP Hybris Cloud for Sales is mere $25 per month. You can upgrade your plan as and when needed.
Base CRM is one of the leading CRM solutions out there that is best for small and medium-sized businesses for two main reasons.
First, it keeps things simple. It is one of the easiest CRMs. Second, the ultimate goal of Base is to boost sales and by connecting with customers. With its focus on sales and customer engagement, it aims to increase sales and grow your business.
- It comes with a wide range of core sales tools to help you grow your business.
- Complete customer management via emails, phone calls, and website.
- It can be integrated with several apps and tools like Zapier, MailChimp, Zendesk, Google Suite, Xero, and others.
- Real-time advanced visual reporting.
- Customer data analytics to stay connected all the time.
- Cost-effective CRM solution for small businesses.
How to set up and use Base CRM
Click Settings and then Import to import your leads. There are several options to choose from. Choose the right format and proceed.
You can then create Deals, Leads, convert leads, add tasks for your team, link deals with contacts, send emails, create reports, and much more.
Here is a complete guide that will help you get started with Base CRM immediately.
It comes with 14-days free trial. The starting price after the trial is $45 per month. However, to get full access to all the features, you have to upgrade to Enterprise plan which is priced at $145 per month.
Maximizer offers a perfect CRM solution for ecommerce companies that will help you reach your customers effectively. It comes with all the CRM, sales, and marketing modules and tools to supercharge your business.
You can use its cloud version or it can be installed on your server. It is accessible from mobile and web.
- You get three solutions for your business in one price. It covers sales, CRM, and marketing.
- It allows you to take control of your entire business from a single dashboard.
- It offers business intelligence coupled with sales forecasting to grow your business.
- It supports customer support management.
- Contact management, sales automation, marketing, advanced analytics, and email marketing are some of the leading features.
- It helps improve customer retention, acquire new leads, and leverage marketing automation.
How to set up and use Maximizer
Like any other CRM, you have to import your existing contacts into the Address book.
You can create Stages and opportunity pipeline to monitor opportunities and deal with your customers.
Not just that you can create sales funnel stages but you can create Sales Strategies as well.
This is where things get interesting.
Though Maximizer offers you a full 15-days free trial it is expensive because it is a 3-in-1 solution for your business. The starting price is $50 per user a month. If you have a large business with several users, you'll be paying a lot.
At the end of the day, you'll never regret investing your money here.
Choosing the right CRM solution for your business is important but it is just the beginning. The tool itself won’t do anything to acquire, retain, and grow your business. It all comes down to how you use it.
Once you get used to it, you wouldn't want to do business without a customer relationship management software – ever.